Friday, February 28, 2014

Sprinkle Monster Cookies! {Tutorial on SugarEd Productions}




When my Mother (AKA sprinkle mule) brought me my last batch of sprinkles, she included a load of these "Jimmies". They are like sugar sprinkles, but more like bits of icing and long and thin. I thought what in the world would I do with them all? And when I say ALL, I mean ALL! There are actually two more bags, orange & green.


Then it dawned on me that these would make super easy, fuzzy monsters!

But when it came time to bake, I just couldn't decide on what shape to use. So I took it too Facebook. I asked my "friends" to name a cutter. Not knowing what they were for. I got LOTS of comments. 146 and still counting ;) The most I have actually gotten on a post interestingly enough! 

So, I decided to use only the ones that were mentioned. Of course I did have to limit it. I couldn't bake 146 cookies for one tutorial. So here they are. And yes, Lynda, I did get your Dinosaur in, even though it was late and you were offended. I made it! Just for you!  (That is my sister so don't think I am mean to random posters.) 



A DINOSAUR



A DRESS




A BUTTERFLY



A POT OF GOLD & FLIP FLOP


A LIGHTHOUSE & CASTLE



A BEAR



HEARTS & AN ICE CREAM CONE


These were so much fun to make! It was nice not to get bogged down with icing consistency and piping lines. Just plain fun!

The full tutorial is available on SugarEd Productions Online School
(The tutorial also includes how to make these royal icing eyes)

Not a member? Check them out. I am a regular contributor to the site. It has fantastic cake and cookie decorating tutorials and even photography tutorials!

Click HERE for more information!

Thanks for playing!!

4 comments:

  1. Love them all - of course I had to buy Wilton's "monster cookie" set which is just a bit of random shapes, silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CUTEST monster cookies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! Not only are they super cute, they are packed with "character"! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so CUTE!! I am pinning now!

    ReplyDelete

More to Like

More to Like