Sunday, October 9, 2011

Madison's Rainbow Birthday

 Well its here... my baby girl turned 5 this past week. I don't know what it is with 5 but it is totally freaking me out!! Not only me but all my friends who have 5's or to-be fives. I think it is because they are not babies, not toddlers, but kids- little independent- go to school all by themselves and make their own decision- big kids. And I guess because there is the thought one day- they won't need you (me that is). But then I remember, I still need my Mom.... so everything is alright in the world again. And I just have a sassy, independent FIVE year old!!! Who had a rainbow party and I think she had a great time?!!







 My attempt at a rainbow cake. It was alot easier than I thought to make- just alot harder to cut than expected. I tried to cut in wedges- like everyone does but it fell over. My Mom suggested I cut it in squares- but I didn't listen- which I should of and I admit it. I should have listened to my Mom- see I still need my Mom.
Mention: Check out Suga' on Facebook. She gave me the inspiration for the suns. The cake and lollipops were from The Decorated Cookie. Fantastic site for this and so much more!

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in the frosting you used for the cake. What kind is it? Do you share the recipe? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG stunning blog! The arrangements are simply marvelous. Have to organize my niece’s birthday party at one of seattle venues. Have seen many themes on internet and finalize one. Need to make it best day for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make the cookie shapes. The rainbow (not round) how did you make the colored frosting?

    ReplyDelete

More to Like

More to Like